Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Hi! My name is Brenda and I'm a Shopaholic

As I posted last, I hit the Going Out of Business Sale at Creative Stitchery & Frame in Richmond, TX this week.  I hit it hard.  I hate that they are going out of business, but it is time for Chris to retire and I don't begrudge her the opportunity to enjoy the freedom and relief from stress that I have had since quitting work.  The doors will close December 22, 2012 or sooner.  Of course they have cross-stitching supplies on sale, but they also have some pre-made frames, hand-dyed wool and felt, punch-needle supplies, and supplies for embroidering with ribbon and beads.

A fellow stitcher from the store had a gift shop that just went out of business as well and her items are in the store too.  So, I stocked up on some birthday gifts I was behind on while I was shopping for myself.  I can't post those photos because I don't want to blow the surprise for my friends - oops, now they'll know I gottem' dirt cheap, ha!
Various threads, findings, and Boo-Boo Stick

My DH gave me a budget to stay in so I didn't get everything on my list.  The list was to kit up patterns I already own that I plan to stitch in 2013 (I have finally set a goal for myself regarding cross-stitching).  In the photo above the little stick with brushes at each end is Judy's Boo-Boo Stick, which happens to be the prize in this week's Trivia contest at Norden Craft's blog.
Idle hands are the Devil's workshop...
I decided that just didn't give me enough to do so I bought another pattern ("Be Brave" by Shepard's Bush) with the fabric and buttons to go with.  The DMC floss I already had.
Be Brave kitted up
You might have guessed that I have a little problem with shopping control issues particularly when the words "clearance" and "sale" are involved.  That's why I originally started this blog to help get me moving towards a goal to use my current supplies and to meet fellow stitchers and sewers (as in fabric, not ditches).  I have Pinterest to keep me organized.  But, this latest supply haul is only the tip of the iceberg.  You can see some of my sewing fabric horde on my "About Me" page.

Next week I'll be having a give away.  So stay tuned!

Updated Note: If you are using LiveJournal you may have problems leaving comments.
Brenda

No comments: